Best Bikini

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Amrita Rao Photos

  amrita rao

amrita rao photos
2004 was a great year for you - you won appreciation and nominations for ‘MHN’, yet the awards didn’t fall into your lap. Very disappointed, were you?
“It was a complete honour even being nominated with such senior actresses like Rani Mukherjee, but I don’t see any reason why I should be disappointed. Even a nomination is a reward, isn’t it? And if we actresses started assessing our work on the basis of awards, then disappointments will be a-plenty. There are many good actresses and a lot of good work happening. Our achievements don’t begin and end with awards but, yes, awards are encouraging.”

This year you’re back with two big banners, and your first hit co-star, Shahid Kapur. Old screen-romance revives?
“Yeah, we’re hoping the ‘Ishq Vishq’ luck will strike again. We do have this amazing comfort level. You know, there are some screen pairs that people don’t forget, like Anil Kapoor–Madhuri, Shah Rukh-Kajol...and what’s interesting is that even after two years, people remember Shahid and me as a great screen pair.”

The John Mathew Mathan film has hot sex symbol Bipasha Basu with you in the lead roles. Any fire on the sets?

“No way! Just like there was no fire on the sets of ‘MHN’ with a diva like Sushmita Sen. There’s no denying that Bipasha is very sexy, but we have such defined roles in the film that there’s no scope for rivalry. Besides, we got along very well. I think I have this strange bonding with Bongs - first Sushmita and now Bipasha!”

How comfortable are you with Shahid’s actress-girlfriend, Kareena?
“I haven’t worked with her, but I’m totally comfortable with her and I think she is, too. Bebo is a cool girl.”

Do you think you’re getting type-cast as this sweet-girl-next-door? That can limit the kind of roles you could get...
“I don’t really think the image is ‘sweet-girl-next-door’, because though Sanjana in ‘MHN’ was sweet, she wasn’t anything like the next-door girl. And you’ll see that my character in ‘Life Ho Toh Aise’ is starkly different. Now just because one doesn’t see me in a film emerging from the sea wearing a swimsuit, it doesn’t mean that I’m only doing candy floss, college-kid kinds of roles, right? The directors who approach me know exactly what I’m capable of and to what extent I can go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Blogger