Best Bikini

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Leighton Meester Has 'One Percent' in Common with Her 'Gossip Girl' Character



Leighton Meester has been playing New York socialite Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl since 2007, but apparently the role hasn't rubbed off on her.

Leighton, who plans to leave Gossip Girl in two years, said: “I work on a show where I feel literally, maybe one percent in common with the character.

“You have to somehow find common ground; otherwise you hate them. The character I play on Gossip Girl is incredibly manipulative and conniving and, you know, this heightened personality in this weird universe that doesn't even really exist."

The 24-year-old beauty also finds it hard to understand how people try and imitate Blair because she has too many clothes to copy.

Asked why the show has spawned “wannabes” of her character, she told PopEater: “I don’t see why. It seems like it would be really difficult, even just the clothes, the different bag every day."

Leighton recently revealed she used to skip classes back in high school to rebel.

She said: "It's funny that I'm now getting to live through what school should have been glamorous and full of parties. But I didn't do any of that stuff. I hated school.

"I'd do anything but be in school, so I'd skip class. I wasn't dating around, but we'd smoke pot."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Blogger